Featured

    Featured Posts

    Social Icons

Loading...

Why a Bollywood memoir has kicked up a storm about being gay in India

In response to the criticism Johar writes, "The reason I don't say it out aloud is simply that I don't want to be dealing with the FIRs [police complaints]. I'm very sorry. I have a job, I have a commitment to my company, to my people who work for me; there are over a hundred people that I'm answerable to.
"I'm not going to sit in the courts because of ridiculous, completely bigoted individuals who have no education, no intelligence, who go into some kind of rapture for publicity."
According to Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), a 155-year-old colonial-era law, a same-sex relationship is an "unnatural offence". Last February, the Supreme Court agreed ton deeply conservative India, homosexuality is a taboo and many people still regard same-sex relationships as illegitimate.
However that has not mitigated the outpouring of anger against Johar.
One of his strongest critics is Apurva Asrani, a script writer and editor of Aligarh, a gay rights Bollywood film based on true incidents.
Asrani went on social media to criticise Johar's autobiography and his resistance to coming out, saying that he was "appalled". He called Johar's extract on his sexuality 
author

This post was written by: Author Name

Your description comes here!

Get Free Email Updates to your Inbox!

Post a Comment

CodeNirvana
Powered by Blogger.
© Copyright Misisimko blog
Back To Top